Monday, March 1, 2010

Early Morning

I wish I could say things are so much better on this early Monday morning, but they just are not. The big concern now, is what's going on in the lungs. Back in November when the lung biopsy showed a fungus in the lungs, well now it appears (the fear) that after Ray being immune suppressed for so long that possibly the fungus has had a chance to spread. Ray has been on two anti fungal antibiotics since November, but it was explained to us that the fungus is never completely eliminated, you only try to contain it. Only a biopsy would show for sure what is happening in the lungs, and another biopsy is totally out of the question. X-rays show more infiltrations in the lungs, blood work shows very little immune system, and spiking temps still a big problem. We're locked into numbers. The Dr.'s words Sunday morning: "It doesn't look good."

Nighttime is always a bad time for Ray, which makes it hard for me to leave. I went home last night around 10:00, and came back this morning around 5:00. He does need a lot of help and is always needing a drink. Andy & Britteny were here most of Saturday, and Amber & Steve drove down yesterday afternoon. Ryan is also in & out often. I'm thankful I can be here as much as I can.

Love you all,
Kim

P.S. Happy Birthday, Becky! Man, you're getting old!!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Thanks for the Happy Birthday wish but remeber you are always 1 year and 6 weeks OLDER than me.

I will continue to keep you and Ray in my prayers, unless I forget to at my age.

Love you,
Becky

Michele S. said...

Praying, praying, praying!!! I know you all must be exhausted, but hang in there.

Bless you all,
Michele S.

Unknown said...

Prayers and more prayers!! May God hold all of you in his arms and get Raymond back on the road to recovery.
Love you, Michele and Gene

Alvina said...

Hey Kim, Just wanted to let you know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers,

Love Alvina